Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Nap Time

Oh, how those words are music to my ears!
Ella and I are now trying to figure out making it through the day with only one nap. She's 15 months old today and we all think it's time. Her parents (and even the dog!) were zombies when I arrived this morning. Apparently Ella really fought them last night and didn't fall asleep until around 3am. Poor Chad and Jina! (I'm so glad I'm not a live-in nanny!!) She slept until 10:20 this morning and then I kept her up until 2:30 this afternoon. Poor, tired little punkin! And I am under strict orders to only let her sleep for an hour.
I don't know how this will work. It's going to be interesting.
Any and all advice is welcome!!

2 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

Will you be moving her nap earlier (say to 12:30pm or so) and letting her sleep a little longer eventually? For awhile, the 1-3:30pm time was a good nap for Becca. Early enough wake time that she was up for quite awhile before bed time.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Val said...

Yes, our ultimate goal is the 1pm nap, where Ella can sleep for a good 2-3 hours. Yesterday she napped from 10:30-1:00 and made it the rest of the day. Of course, we had a big dinner with company last night and lots of little kids to play with, so that hyped her up :) I think we're going to try pushing back the morning nap in 15min intervals. Monday I'll try putting her down at 10:30, Tuesday I'll try 10:45, etc. I'd love to get through lunch before putting her down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home